Location looks like a normal pediatrician office. Overall, very small with little unused space. Parking should not be an issue.
The only windows line the NW wall (250 deg). They range in size but are no bigger than 4'Wx5'H and have venetians.
Power is available inside office and should not be a concern there.
Green room/makeup facilities are very limited. Perhaps an exterior pop-up might be a holding area option for talent. I have this and walkies for communication.
Lunch will be available across parking lot at Fresco Trattoria, 760-479-1525
Menu is available online at fresco-trattoria.com
They will be expecting a phoned in order for approx. 20 about 11A for service about 12:30? (I guessed...)
Note: All light meter readings referenced are for 400 ISO @ 50/th sec.
John has told me to plan on shooting daylight balanced.
LOCATION BREAKDOWN
ENTRANCE
Camera straight on towards entrance stairs is pointing 350 deg. NW. This means the sun is pointing at entrance to some degree nearly all day.
In full sun at 12:11P I was getting an F32 to F16 range depending on shading.
Inside the doors I was averaging an F8- quite a contrast difference.
Since it tends to be overcast in the morning here, I would recommend scheduling this sequence first up.
It will look flatter if overcast but the contrast will be more manageable.
Only 1 circuit is available here and I could not determine if it was dedicated.
Knowing the maintenance person to contact in case we need- and pop- this circuit could prove invaluable.
NOTE: Christmas decorations likely visible in any extreme wide shot.
ELEVATOR
This could be tricky.
Elevator doors are chrome.
Outside elevator at lobby level: F2.8, 4250K, +3CC (at noon. Daylight fill subject to change)
Inside elevator: F1.46, 2970K, +13CC
Outside elevator at 3rd flr: F2.0, 3690K, +13CC
I have no switch control over house lights at any of these places and will need to block by hand or unscrew.
There is 1 circuit outside @ lobby level, none inside elevator and perhaps 2 circuits on 3rd flr.
It seems quite likely I will need to place lights inside elevator, which means a cord connection, which means shutting off the elevator.
I await your storyboarding thoughts on this one...
OUTSIDE OFFICE HALLWAY
Ranges from F2.0- F2.8 depending on if under a fluoro or not. 3900K, +10CC
I do not have tubes to swap out & gelling would be an expensive time-eater.
I suggest WB to the house sources and correcting any supplemental units.
RECEPTION AREA
Approx. 12'x15'
Lit by 4' mini-T CW tubes and some fluoro down cans. I do not have daylight replacement for this 4' size though I could perhaps purchase.
Current bulbs give an F2.0- F2.8, 3650K, +10CC
All but security light are switch controllable.
One window (DR. Hitchcock's office) MAY be visible in deep BG but can be concealed or controlled with venetians.
WAITING AREA
About 8'x12'
Same as reception. No windows. Sparsely decorated. Currently holiday themed.
EXAM ROOM(S)
Biggest I could access was approx. 9'x9'
Window on wall opposite door is 4'x5'.
At about 11:30A with house lights off at 6' from window with meter ball facing doorway I was getting an F2.0. This will fluctuate depending on time of day.
Outside window is moving traffic and greenery. In full sun I got an average spot reading of F11.
LAB AREA
About 8'x15'
Same as reception. No windows. Good alternate site.
OFFICE HALLWAY
About 4'x50'
Same as reception.
OFFICE AREA
About 9'x15'
Has 1 window on wall opposite door
Likely interview & green screen area as it is most isolated room there.
Has 2 desks and computers. Very sparsely decorated.
At about 11:30A with house lights off at 6' from window with meter ball facing doorway I was getting an F2.0. This will fluctuate depending on time of day.
Outside window is moving traffic and greenery. In full sun I got an average spot reading of F11.
DR. HITCHCOCK OFFICE AREA
Same as reception. Pretty cluttered. Right under a window.
The green I am planning to use is a 4'x6' flex-fil type. I can go bigger but that will take time.
No comments:
Post a Comment